Welcome and thank you for your interest in AOL Beta Central. You may access, use and test the applications, features, services and Web sites of AOL Beta Central (the "Beta Applications") only on the condition that you agree to abide by the following terms.
- ABOUT THE BETA APPLICATIONS. The Beta Applications are provided by AOL Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates and successors (collectively, "AOL") and use and testing of such applications are governed by this Beta Agreement. When you install some of the Beta Applications you may be given the option of installing additional components from AOL and third party providers. This Beta Agreement also governs your use of any such components unless a separate agreement is specifically identified as governing that component. Further, AOL offers the Beta Applications for testing and feedback from you is important; therefore, you understand and agree that AOL may gather information relating to, and contact you about, your experience with the Beta Applications.
- REGISTRATION. Certain features and functionality of the Beta Applications, are available only to registered users of the AOL Network (including AIM users) or members of the AOL Online Service and require you to sign in with a screen name to use them. Your use of these features and Beta Applications as a registered user of the AOL Network will be subject to the AOL Network Registered User Terms of Service, available at https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/terms/otos/index.html, in addition to this Beta Agreement. You may sign up for the AOL Network by going to AOL Network Registration, or through the download page for each such Beta Application. If you are an AOL member, your use of these features and products will be subject to the AOL Member Agreement, available at AOL Keyword: Member Agreement and at https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/terms/otos/index.html, in addition to this Beta Agreement.
- LICENSE GRANT. AOL grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access, use, download and/or install a single copy of any Beta Application for a limited time in order to evaluate and provide feedback about it to AOL and subject to all terms of this Beta Agreement. This license does not entitle you to receive from AOL hard-copy documentation, support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the Beta Applications. Although AOL is considering the release of a commercial version of each Beta Application, it is under no obligation to do so. AOL reserves the right to alter features, licensing terms, or other characteristics of any version of the Beta Applications that it releases. SOME BETA APPLICATIONS MAY EXPIRE OR CEASE WORKING ON A DATE PREDETERMINED BY AOL (THE "TIMEOUT DATE").
- EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE AND SERVICES. You acknowledge that the Beta Applications are experimental and have not been made available for general release; they may contain errors, bugs, or other problems not usually associated with generally available software versions. The Beta Applications should not be used in a production environment or on a critical system. AOL strongly recommends that you backup all data, files and applications on your system prior to installing any Beta Application. You shall have sole responsibility for the adequate protection and backup of your data and/or equipment used with the Beta Applications. AOL is under no obligation to provide you with any error corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes and/or enhancements.
- LATENT DISTRIBUTION OF COMPONENTS. In order to ensure that download will be quick and convenient, for some Beta Applications a small piece of software (the "Stub") may be installed initially that can then "call out" over the Internet to a web server and complete installation of that Beta Application on your computer at a later time (i) during the installation process, (ii) when the Stub detects that you have available bandwidth, or (iii) when you have requested use of a function that requires that portion of the Beta Application. This mechanism will only be used to complete the installation of Beta Applications you have chosen to install.
- Tester Feedback. You acknowledge that feedback concerning users' experiences with the Beta Applications is essential to the improvement of the Beta Applications. You agree that AOL may contact you by telephone, electronic mail, or other means, to solicit your feedback concerning your experiences with the Beta Applications. You also agree to utilize message boards and other communications tools set up by AOL for feedback regarding the Beta Applications.
- Automatic Feedback. Some of the Beta Applications are configured to periodically check your computer system for, and report back to AOL without additional notice to you, information relating to your use of the Beta Application, such as the frequency of your use of the Beta Application and/or certain of its features, your Beta Application configuration settings, and information on computer errors occurring during your use of the Beta Application. This usage data will be used by AOL only for such purposes as diagnosing performance issues, improving the reliability of the download and install process, and improving AOL products. With some Beta Applications you will be given an opportunity to opt out of this automatic feedback program.
- ID Number. Some Beta Applications may contain a specific identification number for the purpose of tracking the number of unique instances of such Beta Application being used by a beta tester.
- Personalization. During the installation process for some Beta Applications, or at some time thereafter, you may be asked to provide certain information that AOL will use to personalize content presented to you through such Beta Application. For example, you may be asked for your zip code, which could be used to provide you with relevant local weather and/or news reports. The websites you visit, including those of advertisers, have their own privacy policies. AOL encourages you to review the privacy policies of websites before providing them with any of your personal information.
- AUTOMATED UPDATES. AOL or one of its suppliers may deliver to your computer or other device upon which the Beta Applications are installed automated updates, modifications, and/or patches to address issues such as security, interoperability, and performance (collectively "Updates") at any time without providing you with notice. By using the Beta Applications you consent to such automated updating. Your use of the Updates shall be governed by this Beta Agreement (as modified from time to time) unless you are asked to agree to a new agreement at the time of download or installation. In addition, whenever AOL does elect to commercially release Beta Applications you are using, AOL may automatically provide you the current commercially released version of the product(s) without providing you notice. Your use of the commercial version of any product you tested shall be governed by the license agreement for that commercial product, not this Beta Agreement.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. AOL and its licensors retain all title, ownership, and intellectual property rights in the Beta Applications, which are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. You agree that you will not take any action to interfere with AOL's or its licensors' ownership of or rights in the Beta Applications. Title and related rights in the content available in and through Beta Applications, including without limitation text, photos, music, and videos, are the property of the applicable content owners and are protected by applicable law. These laws restrict your rights with respect to such content. Some of the content may also include security measures designed to control access and prevent unauthorized copying and use of copyrighted materials. You agree not to interfere with any such security components. The license granted under this Agreement gives you no rights in or to such content. AOL and its licensors own all trademarks used in connection with the Beta Applications, and no license to use any such trademarks is provided hereunder. The look and feel of the Beta Applications, including its color combinations, logos, button shapes, and other graphical elements, also are AOL trademarks. Other trademarks used with the Beta Applications are the property of their respective owners. AOL welcomes your feedback regarding the Beta Applications. You agree that AOL may use in any manner and without limitation all comments, suggestions, complaints and other feedback you provide relating to the Beta Applications.
- Internet Content. Some Beta Applications, such as browsers and media players, allow you to view or listen to content available on websites on the Internet. Except as explained above, AOL is not affiliated with the many websites and web services that you may choose to visit and/or use. AOL is not obligated to pre-screen content available online or from any link that you may take from a Beta Application, although AOL reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion. AOL is not liable for content that is provided by others. AOL reserves the right, although it has no obligation, to block access to any Internet area containing illegal or other harmful content being used for purposes that are unlawful or injurious to AOL or its users. You acknowledge that third-party sites on the Internet have their own terms and conditions that govern your use of those sites.
- Use of Content. You may use content available on and through the Beta Applications only for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may be given the opportunity to download, access, or transfer certain content such as music and photos, but you may do so only to the extent as authorized for that particular content and only for your personal use. You may not use the content in a manner that exceeds the rights granted for your use of the content, which includes unauthorized copying or distribution of the content or creating an unauthorized derivative work.
- Content You Post To Public Areas. AOL does not read your private online communications transmitted using AOL communication tools. If, however, you use these tools or other Beta Applications to post content or other information to public areas of the Beta Applications (for example, in chat rooms or online message boards), other users will have access to this information and content. You may only post content to public areas that you created or which the owner of the content has given you permission to post. You may not post or distribute content to public areas that is illegal or that violates this Beta Agreement. By posting or submitting content to public areas, you represent and warrant that (i) you own all the rights to the content or are authorized to use and distribute the content to public areas and (ii) the content does not and will not infringe any copyright or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Your License Grant. You or the owner of content you post retain ownership of all right, title and interest in such content. However, by submitting or posting content to public areas of the Beta Applications (for example, posting a message on a message board), you grant AOL, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, and licensees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, and promote this content in any medium. Once you submit or post content to any public area, AOL does not need to give you any further right to inspect or approve uses of such content or to compensate you for any such uses. AOL owns all right, title and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by AOL using or incorporating content posted to public areas.
- CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT. AOL will update this Beta Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion. You must, therefore, review the Beta Agreement each time it is presented to you for acceptance and confirm that you agree to the revised terms before you may install and use new Beta Applications.
- MONITORING. AOL has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor user postings to public areas of the Beta Applications, such as message boards, to determine compliance with this Beta Agreement and any other operating rules that may be established by AOL from time to time. AOL has the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any user postings submitted to or posted on the Beta Applications. Without limiting the foregoing, AOL has the right, but not the obligation, to remove any user posting that it, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions of this Beta Agreement, otherwise objectionable, or stale. Users shall remain solely responsible for the messages they post or submit. You acknowledge and agree that AOL shall not assume or have any liability for any action or inaction with respect to any messages posted by users of the Beta Applications.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. AOL respects the intellectual property of others, and asks its Beta Application users and contributors to do the same. AOL may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on any Beta Application and corresponding Web site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please visit AOL's Copyright Infringement Information Page, available at https://legal.aol.com/legacy/copyright-reporting/, for instructions on how to make a report to AOL.
- NO BULK COMMUNICATIONS. You may not use the Beta Applications to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mails, instant messages, or other communications (commonly known as SPAM and SPIM). You may not harvest information about users of the Beta Applications for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications. You may not induce or allow others to use the Beta Applications to violate the terms of this section. AOL may terminate your access or use of the Beta Applications immediately and take any other legal action if you, or anyone using your access to the Beta Applications, violates these provisions. AOL may take any technical remedies to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within its computer or communications networks.
- THIRD PARTY OFFERINGS. Third parties may from time to time offer applications or services to access, "plug-into" or interact with a Beta Application. If such applications or services are not authorized by AOL, then your use of them in connection with the Beta Applications or an AOL service is a violation of this Agreement. In any case, your use of third-party applications will be at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of those third parties. AOL makes no representations or warranties with respect to such third party applications including that the third party application or service will be uninterrupted. You agree that AOL is under no obligation to provide you with any error corrections, updates, upgrades, fixes and/or enhancements to make a Beta Application accessible through or compatible with these third party applications.
- YOUR REPRESENTATIONS. You represent and warrant that (a) you understand and will abide by the terms of this Beta Agreement, (b) you have the capacity to agree to these terms, (c) you will use the Beta Applications only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Beta Agreement, and (d) you will not use the Beta Applications in violation of any law, regulation, or ordinance, or any right of AOL, its licensors, or any third party, including, without limitation, any right of privacy, publicity, copyright or trademark. You agree to indemnify AOL, its parent, licensors, officers, agents, employees and directors for any damages incurred as a result of a violation of this paragraph.
- USE AND AVAILABILITY OF OPEN SOURCE CODE. Portions of some Beta Applications may have been created using source code available through various open source projects. In such cases, the licenses and availability of source code for such components are specified in a copyright notice document delivered with or linked from such Beta Application.
- DIGITAL CERTIFICATES. Some Beta Applications support certain cryptographic and authentication features, including but not limited to Secure Sockets Layer communications that may require the installation and/or use of a digital certificate. Digital certificates are issued, validated, and revoked by third-party certification authorities ("CAs") over which AOL has no control. You are solely responsible for familiarizing yourself with the terms and conditions established by a CA for the use of, or reliance upon, its digital certificates, including but not limited to any obligation you may have to validate a digital certificate, maintain the security of a cryptographic key or password, or pay fees for certification services. AOL has preloaded digital certificates of certain CAs into some of the Beta Applications in order to facilitate the recognition of digital certificates that such CAs have issued to persons, organizations, or devices (including software code). YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DECISION TO USE OR RELY UPON A DIGITAL CERTIFICATE, INCLUDING THOSE DIGITAL CERTIFICATES THAT AOL HAS PRELOADED INTO A BETA APPLICATION. AOL BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE VALIDITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY DIGITAL CERTIFICATE, OR FOR THE SECURITY OR INTEGRITY OF ANY TRANSACTION OR COMMUNICATION AUTHENTICATED BY A DIGITAL CERTIFICATE.
- TERMINATION. AOL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of a Beta Application at any time, with or without notice. Your right to use any particular Beta Application shall terminate on the earlier of (i) the Timeout Date for that Beta Application, (ii) the date AOL provides you a commercially released version of that Beta Application, (iii) 30 days following AOL's general release of a commercial version of that Beta Application, or (iv) termination of this Beta Agreement. Additionally, this Beta Agreement and your right to use Beta Applications shall terminate immediately and without notice should you breach this Beta Agreement. In the event of any termination of this Beta Agreement or your rights hereunder, all paragraphs except paragraph 3 (License Grant) shall survive such termination and you agree to continue to be bound by those terms. Upon termination, you shall destroy all copies of the Beta Applications.
- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge and agree that, notwithstanding any other provisions of this Beta Agreement, your breach or threatened breach of this Beta Agreement shall cause AOL irreparable damage for which recovery of money damages would be inadequate and that AOL, therefore, may obtain timely injunctive relief to protect its rights under this Beta Agreement in addition to any and all other remedies available at law or in equity.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE BETA APPLICATIONS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE BETA APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." AOL AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES THAT THE BETA APPLICATIONS ARE FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUS FREE, AND ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS, THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE BETA APPLICATIONS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ERRORS IN THE BETA APPLICATIONS WILL BE CORRECTED, AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE BETA APPLICATIONS ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING, UNLESS SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. FURTHER, AOL AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE BETA APPLICATIONS IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. AOL AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS ALSO DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS OR DATA DOWNLOADED, UPLOADED, OR TRANSFERRED USING A BETA APPLICATION. IN ADDITION, ANY SECURITY MECHANISMS IMPLEMENTED BY THE BETA APPLICATIONS HAVE INHERENT LIMITATIONS, AND YOU MUST DETERMINE THAT THE BETA APPLICATIONS SUFFICIENTLY MEETS YOUR REQUIREMENTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY AOL OR AN AOL AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF ANY WARRANTY THAT CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. AOL AND ITS LICENSORS AND OTHER SUPPLIERS HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE BETA APPLICATIONS. YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THEIR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE AND ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS BETA AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE BETA APPLICATIONS IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AOL OR ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR RESELLERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "AOL GROUP") BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THIS BETA AGREEMENT OR THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE AND THE BETA APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, THE AOL GROUP'S ENTIRE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES YOU PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY) AND REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE MEDIA OR PROVISION OF A REASONABLY SIMILAR PRODUCT, AS DETERMINED AT AOL'S SOLE DISCRETION, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF AOL TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OF DAMAGES IN SUCH CASES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE AOL GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU. ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE AOL GROUP BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON ANY CONTENT, GOODS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY EXTERNAL SITES LINKED FROM A BETA APPLICATION. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE WITH AOL UNDER OR RELATING TO THIS BETA AGREEMENT ARE TO DISCONTINUE PARTICIPATING AS A BETA TESTER.
- INDEMNIFICATION. Upon a request by AOL, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the AOL Group from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, that arise from your use of any Beta Application in a manner not in strict conformance with this Beta Agreement. AOL reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with AOL in asserting any available defenses.
- EXPORT CONTROL. You agree to fully comply with all export and import laws, regulations, rules and orders of the United States, or any foreign government agency or authority, and not to directly or indirectly export, re-export, transfer, or release any Beta Application, any other commodities, software or technology received from AOL, or any direct product thereof, for any proscribed end-use, or to any proscribed country, entity or person (wherever located), without proper authorization from the U.S. and/or foreign government. You further agree to assume responsibility for and bear all expenses relating to your compliance with the described laws, regulations, rules and orders, and obtaining all necessary authorizations and clearances.
- HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Beta Applications should not be used for high risk activities. The Beta Applications are not fault-tolerant and are not designed, manufactured or intended for use in environments in which their failure could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems ("High Risk Activities"). THE AOL GROUP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. YOU AGREE THAT THE AOL GROUP WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY BETA APPLICATION IN SUCH APPLICATIONS.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT END-USERS. Each Beta Application is a "commercial item," as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995) and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202 (June 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212, 48 C.F.R. 27.405(b) (2) (June 1998) and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, all U.S. Government End Users acquire such Beta Applications with only those rights as set forth herein.
- ELECTRONIC DELIVERY POLICY AND YOUR CONSENT. You understand that AOL communicates and transact with its users online. You consent to receive all communications, including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with any Beta Applications or to you as a user of any Beta Application (collectively, "Notices") electronically from AOL. You agree that AOL generally can send you electronic Notices by (i) e-mail to an e-mail address you provide to AOL for Notices, and/or (ii) by posting the Notices on a main page or channel page of the relevant Beta Application. You must check your designated e-mail address regularly for Notices from AOL. All registrations, agreements, and terms will be completed electronically and will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed writing. The delivery of any Notice from AOL is effective when sent by AOL, regardless of whether you read the communication when you receive it. You may withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically by sending an email to the contact on the beta team for the Beta Application you are testing; however, if you choose to withdraw consent, this Beta Agreement, your license to use Beta Applications will automatically terminate.
- GENERAL LEGAL TERMS. This Beta Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and AOL concerning your use of the Beta Applications. This Beta Agreement supersedes all representations, agreements and other communications regarding your use of the Beta Applications. Only AOL can amend this Beta Agreement by posting the changes on the AOL Beta website. If any term of this Beta Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term shall be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect, or AOL may at its option instead terminate this Beta Agreement. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Beta Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, shall not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may not assign or otherwise transfer by operation of law or otherwise this Beta Agreement or any rights or obligations herein. This Beta Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. Neither party shall be in default or be liable for any delay, failure in performance or interruption of service resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond its reasonable control. You agree that this Beta Agreement is not intended to confer and does not confer any rights or remedies from AOL upon any person other than you. You also agree that any guidelines posted on the Beta Applications and related Web sites, including AOL's enforcement of those policies, are not intended to confer, and do not confer, any rights or remedies upon any person.
- CHOICE OF LAW, CHOICE OF FORUM. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern this Beta Agreement and your use of the Beta Applications. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute arising from your use of t any Beta Application, resides in the federal and state courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia and you consent to the personal jurisdiction thereof. The foregoing provision may not apply to you depending on the laws of your jurisdiction. This Beta Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- USE OUTSIDE THE U.S. AOL makes no representation that the Beta Applications are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing the Beta Applications are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access any Beta Application from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are accessing this or using a Beta Application outside the U.S., then the provisions of this paragraph shall apply: (i) Les parties aux présentes confirment leur volonté que cette convention, de même que tous les documents y compris tout avis qui s'y rattache, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (translation: "The parties confirm that this agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language."); (ii) you are responsible for complying with any local laws in your jurisdiction which might impact your right to import, export or use any Beta Application; and (iii) you represent that you have complied with any regulations or registration procedures required by applicable law to make this license enforceable.
Last updated 12/09/09